A short summary of my project
I'm raising £400 to contribute to my trip to Honduras for a 6-week research project with Operation Wallacea in the summer of 2018. This will allow me to not only gather research for my dissertation, but to also aid in current conservation research projects in the area.
I'm currently in my second year studying Marine Biology and will be travelling to the project this coming summer. I have previously travelled on my own for both tourism and voluntary work but now I want to travel to further my education and career. I have always loved the ocean and everything within it and due to this I have completed my PADI Advanced Open Water qualification, progressing into the steps of making my interests develop into my career.Throughout my studies and experiences I have carried out field courses locally at my university along with a research project in Plymouth last year. Whilst in Cambodia last year I aided in the development of building a man-made coral reef in an area once rich in fish diversity but now depleted due to over fishing. These experiences, along with various modules in my course, allowed me to make further decisions about which field of research I want to pursue in the future. I am very interested in aiding conservation for both tropical reef systems along with conservation for the wide variety of marine organisms inhabiting these coral reefs.
Where will the money go?
- Contributing to paying for the overall trip, it costs £2997 in total so I'm coming up a little short with getting the remainder!
- This total includes all of my accommodation, food, lectures, lab time, training and site transfers
- Additional requirements include £60 for equipment hire for both the SCUBA equipment along with any resources I may need for carrying out my research
The stretch goal is £1000, which would contribute to flights I have booked along with making the remaining sum a lot easier to achieve! However my £400 will help a lot!!
Find details here
Here you can find any further information about Operation Wallacea: http://opwall.com/
Operation Wallacea has research locations in Europe, Africa, North America, South America and Asia. Here they carry out projects to improve conservation methods and publish many research papers.
Help me succeed!
- Please share my page to anyone you think that may be able to succeed in one way or another!
- Please also share it with anyone that you think may have an interest in my project or may be interested in the company I am travelling with.
- If you are able to, then please sponsor and help make this happen! But if not then that's okay, please pass the message along anyway, the more people that know the merrier