Bringing TheBettermylkCo To Life!
We are raising £1500 to get our recipe solidified, and get our product bottled and labelled. With our shakes ready to go we will then be able to extend them onto the market of vegans, lactose intollerants, health junkies, and generally anyone else who wants to try out some Bettermylk!
- Maggi - Founder (BA Economics & Politics)
- Milkshake Lover
- DIY enthusiast
- Serial blogger
TheBettermylkCompany was birthed during Maggi's final year at the University of Essex. Although neither vegan or lactose intolerant, Maggi had not been consuming dairy products for over a year due to its health disadvantages but found herself missing out one of her favourite things - Oreo milkshakes. She found that although there was now a very wide variety of non-dairy ‘milk’ choices available on the market, apart from actual milk, there seemed to be little choice of other non-dairy based products (other than out and out alternatives such as tea, juices, and bottled water) available to consumers who fell in the non-dairy category.
She found that consumers in these categories had hence been isolated from being able to enjoy their favorite beverage, all because it either contained dairy, or simply did not deliver on its classification of being called a milkshake, when its contents were more comparable to that of flavored’ milk.
Since this realization, Maggi has been making her own non-dairy milkshakes and with the help of Co-founder Chris has decided to extend her products to a market that is thriving for fresh ideas.
(The first prototype. June 2015)
Where will the money go?
- When we hit our minimum target, we will work with the beverage development company and Co-packer 'MyDrinkBeverages' to solidify the shelf life factors of the recipe and to get 50 prototypes bottled and labelled.
- 3 x Consultations with MyDrinkBeverages - £800
- Testing and development of primary formulations - £1630
- Recipe development and production management fee - £2568
- If things really take off(which we hope they will) and we raise more than our target, we will be able to get more prototypes made, and pour more money into a marketing campaign, which includes a sampling tour around universities in the UK!
These features will be our top priority.
(Draft bottle design)
- You'll notice along the right hand side of this page that we have some pretty cool rewards to gift as a thank you to anyone who kindly donates. These are our way of saying thank you for your support and encouragement, regardless of the amount you give.
Find us here
Feel free to drop us an email or find out how were doing
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- Every like, share, conversation or donation will bring us one step closer to achieving our goal of making some of our favourite treats, a little more guilt free!
Have you sponsored this project? If so, log in to comment on updates!
Hello lovely people!
We would like to update you about the progress made with our campaign. As you can see we have reached and surpassed our minimum target of £1500!!! This is amazing and simply could not have been possible without all your help support and donations. So we sincerely thank you all for backing us in this venture.
So what next?
Although we now have the minimum we need to get things going with producing our shakes, we are still pushing for our full target of £5000 which is what we need to be able to implement all the aims we have for our product. This includes branding the product, the marketing campaign and developing some further flavor variations.
So we'd encourage you all to continue pushing our campaign and donating and supporting the project till we see it through to full completion. As they say team work makes the dream work so please keep up this trend of support! We appreciate it SO much!
- The Bettermylk Co.
We weren't actually planning on sending our first update so soon...but after seeing all the generous donations that have been made before the first 24hours, we couldn't contain ourselves!
So far we raised just under £200 in less that 24hours! Thank you so much!
We are still far away from our final goal, so remember to keep advertising the campaign and supporting us. If we keep this trend of pledging, we might even be able to reach our goal by the end of the month!
Thanks and God bless x
- The Bettermylk Co.
Alumni of the University of Essex matchfunded £750
generated 98 clicks and donated £25.00
generated 69 clicks and donated
generated 54 clicks and donated £5.00
generated 52 clicks
generated 30 clicks and donated
followed this project and signed up to help
signed up to help
14 anonymous donations totalling £754.00