Help save the coral reefs of the world!
Keith Dixon MSc Tropical Marine Ecology
- I am undertaking my MSc at The University of Essex.
- For my research project I would like to collect data to assess the damage done to The Ningaloo coral reef by recreational divers in Western Australia.
- I want to be part of the solution to make tourism in this World Heritage Centre sustainable for future generations.
Through my studies and knowledge of the local area I will collect data that will inform management of the marine park, how they can conserve the reef and indeed show how this can be adopted by marine parks all over the world.
- I shall be able to assess how coral is being damaged, so that strategies can be implemented to make recreational activities sustainable.
- I lived in this area for many years, and I know the benefits that can be gained by the local community through sustainable tourism.
- As a donor you will be making an impact in helping to save coral reefs.
- Coral reefs directly and indirectly support a billion people worldwide and provide recreational opportunities for many more.
- Coral reefs provide ecosystems that produce much of the world's oxygen and are under threat from global warming, acidification and pollution.
Breakdown of Costs
Money raised will be spent on airfares and accommodation, which will support 12 weeks of data collection. Extra funds received will enable me to broaden my research. I will give updates of my progress each week. A detailed breakdown of costs is:
- Airfare £750
- Accommodation £500
- Travel (van hire & petrol): £250
- Administration costs: £250
- Food £250
- Beautiful photographs of the Ningaloo Reef to every donor!
- Calendars featuring fantastic photos of the reef!
- Videos of this paradise!
PLEASE Help me succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help me succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think knows how important it is to save coral reefs – on social media or or by email.
- I know I said you don't need to give money to help, but I'd love it if you did! Please sponsor me and make the world a better place for the future and our children!
Have you sponsored this project? If so, log in to comment on updates!
I am a quarter of the way there! Please keep sharing for me! Thank you!!
Alumni of the University of Essex matchfunded £500
generated 20 clicks and donated £10.00
3 anonymous donations totalling £301.00