I'm Eleanor Bareham and I'm a first year sociology student at the university of Essex. I have always had a keen interest in animal conservation from a young age, something I plan on continuing in my spare time.
I'm aiming to raise £810 to help me to be able to volunteer for two weeks in Kefalonia in Greece, in September. This money will used to cover my program fee as well as my flights.
What is Wildlife sense?
I'm raising money so I can volunteer for two weeks this coming September at a Wildlife sense conservation project, based on the island of Kefalonia. They work to protect and study Loggerhead turtles, as well as promote awareness within the local community and conduct environmental studies.
What i'll be doing at wildlife sense:
- Contribute to the protection of endangered sea Turtles
- Cycle to the beaches in the early morning and look for fresh turtle nests
- Survey the beaches to find and protect sea turtle nests
- Mark, measure, record and protect all nests laid during previous night
- Protect nests from accidental damage, especially from light pollution and ensure they can safely crawl to the sea
- After hatching, create nest inventories to assess hatching success
Finally, help promote awareness locally about turtle protection and more!
Where will the money go?
Flights to Kefalonia costing £380
The programme fee (of £430) that includes:
• An amazing volunteering hands on experience with sea turtles
• Airport pickup and drop off in Kefalonia, Greece
• Accommodation in apartments shared with the rest of the team
• Researcher t-shirt
• Ongoing training and project operation cost
• Travel insurance
Help me succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help me succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would be willing to support – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn,
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And I know I said you don't need to give money to help me, but i'd love it if you did! Please sponsor me and help make this happen.