🎭 Help Us Take the Edinburgh Fringe 2023 by Storm! 🌟
Dear friends, family, theatre enthusiasts, and supporters of the arts,
As most of you may know, we are taking our production of ‘Persephone’ to Edinburgh Fringe 2023. We are performing in the Ivy Studio at the fabulous Greenside @ Infirmary Street from 4th-19th August 2023. We arrive on the 1st August for the Press Launch and Tech.
We are very excited to share our work that we have created as a team. A world premiere and writing debut of actor-creator Isabelle Woolley, ‘Persephone’ is a story of a young woman plunged by Fate into the Underworld of her mind. As the threads of her relationships and identity unravel around her, the audience will witness a grief-filled transformation. A re-imagining of the myth of Persephone, this one-woman play explores the journey of maidenhood to self-actualised woman through story and poetry. It is a play that explores womanhood, the fragility of the mind and asks what love is.
We have a very talented team working hard to make this vision a reality:
Writer and Performer - Isabelle Woolley
Director - Lauren Tranter
Producer - Poppy Russo
Designer - Constance Comparot
Lighting Designer - Ieva Ievina
Sound Designer - Elliot Popeau
Marketing Designer - Adrian Russo
However, staging a production at the Edinburgh Fringe is an ambitious endeavour that comes with significant costs. We are seeking your generous donations to help us cover essential expenses. As most of you know, the cost to produce a show at Edinburgh Fringe increases every year and we need all the help we can get. All money raised will directly contribute to our production.
If we raise £3,000 it will cover the cost of:
- Contributing to our accommodation which is costing £3,300.00 to sleep three members of our team for 19 nights in Edinburgh
This is the tip of the of the iceberg for how much an Ed Fringe show now costs with the extortionate price of accommodation, as well as other necessary costs like registration fees, venue hire for two weeks, marketing, props, costumes, set, travel, tech operators, designer, sound designer, lighting designer and rehearsal space.
By supporting our journey to the Edinburgh Fringe, you are investing in the future of theatre and nurturing emerging talent. Your contribution will help us create a thought-provoking, immersive, and visually stunning production that pushes boundaries, challenges norms, and sparks conversations.
To express our gratitude, Isabelle has dished up some very fun (and quirky) awards for everyone to enjoy!
If you request a reward, please note:
- If you have had an astrology reading with Isabelle before, but would like to donate to the fundraiser, she will get in contact with you to do something special - like a progressed astrology reading for the year ahead or a relationship chart reading!
- Please also be aware that Isabelle is going to be a very busy lady for the next few weeks and she will advise you on wait-times for your gifts once you have submitted your donation.
Here's how you can help us make a difference:
- Click the "Donate" button and contribute whatever you can – every donation counts!
- Spread the word! Share our campaign on your social media platforms, email it to your friends and family, and encourage others to support us. Your voice can make all the difference!
- Come and see our London Previews which are taking place on 5th, 8th and 9th July, 7:30pm, at the Hen and Chickens Theatre. Here is the link: https://www.unrestrictedview.co.uk/persephone/
- Join us at the festival! Save the dates and make plans to attend our performance at the Edinburgh Fringe 2023. Witness the magic firsthand and see how your support has transformed our dreams into reality. Here is the link: https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/persephone
- Connect us to potential sponsors or donors who might be interested in supporting the arts. We are always grateful for introductions that can help us secure additional funding.
Thank you so much for your support!
Isabelle, Lauren, Poppy and the rest of them team xxx