A short summary of our project
The University of Essex Kickboxing Club are organising a one-off seminar to bring one of the best Muay-Thai practitioners in the world to come to Colchester. We are offering tickets at £10 for students and £12 for non-students. The event will be held on the 17th March 2019 between 12 - 2 PM.
Who are WE?
We are the University of Essex Kickboxing Club. All funds gained for this project will be going towards organising and promoting the seminar and zero profit will be made. This seminar is for our love of the sport and desire to improve with one of the best guys in the world.
Famed for having one of the most aggressive styles in UK Muay Thai, Liam Harrison is notorious for his powerful left hook and devastating low kick. With 8 world titles and a record of 109 fight, 83 wins (45 by KO), Liam has been number 1 in the UK rankings since the age of 17 and widely regarded as the best Muay Thai fighter to ever come out of the UK.
Liam was born in Leeds on 5th October 1985. He started Muay Thai at the age of 13 at the world famous Bad Company Gym, trained by the illustrious Richard Smith, where his natural ability soon became apparent. Winning his first fight by KO and undefeated in his first 29 fights, he earned himself the nickname Liam ‘The Hitman’ Harrison. Quickly climbing up the rankings, Liam became UK number 1 at the age of 17 and has remained there ever since. At the age of 19, he won his first World Title.
He has fought all over the world – Japan x5, America, Jamaica, Italy, Cambodia, France and notably Thailand, where he lived for 2 years, fighting there around 30 times and in both of the major stadiums. Liam has fought all of the top Thai and European fighters, including 3 close, hard fights with Saenchai.
Not only a fantastic fighter, Liam is proving to be an excellent coach, able to clearly communicate and translate his experiences in the ring to beginners and fighters of all levels. With over 12 years coaching experience, Liam now has one of the most in demand seminars world wide, having travelled all over Europe and the US. Not all fighters make good coaches however, this is something that Liam excels at.
Where will the money go?
- We need £500 to cover his fees, his travel costs and room hire.
- We currently have some of the equipment e.g gloves, shin guards, pads, but we still need sports clothes and possibly a gum shield. This will help us make the most out of the training session with Liam.
Why are we doing it?
- Our hope is to set up good relationships with some of the best practitioners from around the UK and beyond. Hopefully, if we can make this event successful, it will not only be likely he will come back again, but also we can entice other elite athletes in various fields, such as MVP or Michael Bisping, who both have contacts in London and may be possible future targets
Images and video
Find us here
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.