A short summary of your project
I have just completed my research thesis and successfully defended it. Now I want to make a step forward and develop my career in the academic world. To do so, I need to participate in a variety of conferences and research groups to present my research and establish key contacts.
Who am i?
My name is Ivan and I am 28 years old PhD Students from the University of Essex. The last three years of my life I have spent studying and writing my thesis. It wasn’t always easy for me but I am sure it will be now worth it. The topic of my thesis was economic related, but I don’t want to get in too much details as economics could be a bit boring – I am sure you would agree too! I basically submitted 200 pages of figures and graphs?!
I'm raising £700 to participate in two international conferences in the UK that will help me to further my academic career and contribute to enriching my PhD knowledge and expertise.
The first conference which I was to attend is called The Fifth Annual Conference on Auctions, Competition, Regulation and Public Policy hosted by the Department of Economics at the Lancaster University Management School. The objective of the conference is to stimulate, in particular, applied research on auctions, competition, regulation, and public policy by bringing together leading researchers in the field. Our keynote speaker is
Steve Tadelis - Professor of Economics, Business and Public Policy; James J. and Marianne B. Lowrey Chair in Business, University of California, Berkeley
For more information, see here: https://inomics.com/conference/the-fifth-annual-conference-on-auctions-competition-regulation-and-public-policy-1135062
The second conference is the The 7th Annual Conference of Economic Forum of Entrepreneurship & International Business which will be held in Hughes Hall, Cambridge University, Cambridge, United Kingdom on June 28th & 29th, 2018. Areas would be considered for presentation include all areas of Economics, Business, Finance, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Ethical Business, Leadership, etc
For more information, see here: http://www.eco-ena.ca/cambridge-conference.html
My purpose of participating in these conferences is to talk about and discuss my research with other academics in the field, exchange ideas and get advice to take my research to the next level.
Where will the money go?
- Conference fees £400 ( £200 each)
- Accommodation: Approx. £200- £250 (for 4 nights in total in Lancaster and Cambridge)
- Travel expenses: £100-£150
- Total :£700
If I am lucky to raise any additional money, I will be glad to attend another conference in New Castle at the beginning of June.
Apart from my infinite gratitude to my supporters, I will also provide some rewards to thank everyone who donates even more. Check them out on the sidebar!
Help us succeed!
- You need as many people as possible to be talking about your project. Everywhere you can think of!
- Ask for help promoting the project – here's an example of the type of thing you might say, to give you some inspiration:
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.
Thank you so much!