A short summaryWe are raising money to provide our club with much needed kit that will help us live up to our huge potential in upcoming races.
Who are We?
Hi there, we are the University of Essex Cycling Club: Matthew Bond (Vice-president and founding member), Patrick Schoenmakers (Treasurer) and Myself George Rodda (President) have put together this Click Project to help fund raise our new kit order!
The University of Essex Cycling Club is still a relatively new sports club at the university and as such relies on a mainly grassroots funding principle. We have medium-sized core membership that loyally engages with our events both on the bike and more socially. In order to take our club to the next step we require not only require the physical competitiveness but also to have high-quality kit. This is important in bringing our club to the next level and enabling us to compete on a higher level than we already are.
- As such we are creating a click funding campaign to help our most committed members by subsidizing our kit order from Bioracer. This is extremely important to us because it not only will provide is with high-quality kit that looks the part it will also increase our performance on the bike. Quality kit is often underrated as a component of performance. Being as aerodynamic as possible whilst still having a breathable fabric is of the upmost importance in racing conditions where you push your body to the limit.
- Your impact by donating will be huge. We are only a medium-sized club so even small donations have a big effect. Knowing you have contributed to the competitiveness of your university's cycling club should fill you with pride, especially given our huge potential this year to provide some solid results! You will forever be a part of the reason we perform to such a high standard. Not least the fact that we will be incredibly grateful for any amount received.
Where will the money go?
- The money will exclusively be spent to subsidize our race proven kit order from Bioracer Speedwear - for clarification, Bioracer are an independent Belgian manufacturer of cycling clothing that provides many domestic and international level clubs and teams. They strike the best balance between cost/quality for our members. However, quality kit is not cheap and this is where we need your help.
- Individual jerseys in our selected fabric will be ~£55pp after delivery costs and order fees. This is a competitive price point for a race fit jersey even on a consumer level, let alone one made-to-order and printed with our custom design.
- If money raised is more than the target then we will look to spend the money on contributions to servicing of our club bikes, small things like spare inner tubes and maintenance products can help prolong the life of our club owned bikes and make cycling available to more people at the university for longer.
- Given the short-term nature of our project, given we have racing coming up and need the kit order in ASAP we will provide a weekly update.
- We have some fab rewards to thank everyone who donates, whatever the amount you might give. Check them out on the sidebar ->
Find us here
Facebook: Cycling Club 2017/2018
Students Union Website: Click Here!
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.