A short summary of your project
The University of Essex climbing club is raising money to afford a climbing trip to Spain from the 18th to 25th June. During this trip, we are going to climb at El Chorro which offers some fantastic multi-pitch rock climbing with its own unique and intimidating atmosphere. We are staying at the accommodation 'The Olive Branch' which is a small family run guesthouse with varied accommodation to suit everyone. Just 5 minutes from El Chorro village in the Spanish countryside, The Olive Branch guesthouse is ideally situated within easy walking distance of one of the world's premier climbing destinations, the Las Encantadas crag.
Who are WE?
We’re the University of Essex Climbing Club (UECC), a fun and international team. Our aim is to create a safe, fun environment for both beginner and experienced climbers. This includes weekly sessions at the Sports Centre wall, day trips to indoor and outdoor walls, and longer trips away to various places in the UK and Europe to climb, hike, socialise and generally enjoy a great sport together!
Climbing is a beautiful sport, qualified as an 'individual sport' it is so much more than that! Each sessions and trips we are all sharing a passion, our mindset: having fun, enjoy nature and landscapes while respecting the environment.
From beginners to competent, we are all helping each other. Our outdoor climbing trips allow our members to bond, and develop tight friendships as well as welcome new members into our Climbing Family. It also enables people who couldn't afford that kind of trip to enjoy that moments thanks to you and the university! Indeed climbing gear is really costly and isn't affordable for all.
Where will the money go?
All money donated will be used for the accommodation during the Spain trip, so it can be accessible to all our members :
- the entire money will be used for the camping at the Olive Branch B&B
- 7 days of camping pitch is £60per person
- We are going to be 12 person
- Our minimum goal is £500 - so this would mean that the cost per person to add after the fundraising will be £19.
- Our stretch goal is £720 – so this would mean that the cost of the accommodation will be free for for all attendees.
To thank you for donating or sharing we have some rewards for you :
- A shout-out on social medias
- For a donation of more than £15 : a postcard from our trip
- For a donation of more than £30 : a t-shirt of the club
- For a donation of more than £50 : a hoodie of the club
- For a donation of more than £100 : a VIP session at the University climbing wall
Help us succeed!
We would be grateful for anyone who’s willing to make a donation, but please do share this project to all your friends, family and colleagues. Sharing is FREE & it would make a huge impact for our campaign.