A short summary of your project
We are raising £3390 (minimum £2400) for a new Dance Theatre show Research and Development project - STRINGS. The show will be a beautiful conversation about connection, mental health and control using universal languages of movement, music and visual art.
This would help us to build and programme the show in London as well as Lithuania, Greece and other European countries.
Who are you?
Verta Voktis is a Dance Theatre company that explores avant-garde ways of creating visual art, from physical theatre to film, photography and installations. With each production we create a unique visual identity and distinctive musical score. The work aims to resonate with our deepest desires, fears and subconscious mind, sentiments we rarely access in our every day lives. We leave space for quiet interpretation and personal connection to our stories.
It was found by Erika Sviderskyte, who trained professionally both as a contemporary dancer and actress.
About the project
We are developing a new Dance Theatre show that uses moving installations of string and rope to explore the themes of connection, mental health and control. We find it really important to share our experiences, to help and inspire others, through the universal language of movement, visual art and original music.
We received two weeks worth of rehearsal space at New Diorama Theatre in November, and now we need all of your help to raise the funds, so we can pay our brilliant actors/dancers, and make this project possible!!
WHY IT'S IMPORTANT TO US:
- We recently created a new European Dance Theatre company - Verta Voktis and this Research and Development project would help us to bring our company to another stage of its life. We are currently in talks with some programmers and producers about putting this show on London and European stages, but without this R&D we cannot confirm any programming as we need to provide them with the recording of the full show, which isn't possible without this R&D. By donating you would help us to complete the very first and the very hardest step in a theatre company's life - to fund initial stages of rehearsals, which would then help us to record a finished show and make it possible for us to programme the show in theatres and continue working as theatre-makers!
- As we received in-kind support from New Diorama who provided us with free rehearsal space for 18th-26th of November, we have very limited time to raise the fees for the artists to make this R&D possible. It is too late to raise funds through Arts Council, so this fundraiser is our last chance to raise the funds, without which this project simply could not happen
Where will the money go?
- IF WE HIT THE MINIMUM we will use the money to pay the performers a reasonable minimum pay for 2 weeks of work.
- Costs for 3 dancers for 2 weeks - £2400
- IF WE RAISE ABOVE THE MINIMUM:
- Composer for 2 weeks - £800
- Costumes - £90
- Props - £100
- We will be giving constant updates on our project and this fundraiser on our social media, so make sure to follow us, and keep sharing <3
- £10 - Special shoutout and the biggest thank you on social media <3
- £20 - Social media shoutout and personalised picture from our rehearsals!!
- £50 - Social media shoutout, personalised (especially creative) picture from our rehearsals and a special thank you card <3
- £200 - All above AND You will be the first one to see sneak peaks of our brand new show!!
Find us here
Make sure to follow us on this journey on our social media :)
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.