I'm raising £1800 to do this amazing Umphafa Nature Reserve Volunteering in South Africa where I will spend two weeks in KwaZulu Natal where I will be taking care of animals and species conservation.
Who am I?
First of all, let me introduce myself! My name is Kathey Zhang; i'm currently in 2nd year studying Finance at the Essex Business School.
The reason I am so keen on going on this trip is because this is a once - in-a-lifetime experience. I want to tell people I have been there, and experienced that! When I look back in my life I'd like to have something i'm proud of and that I didn’t live a boring, meaningless life. Like Gandhi once said ' live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever'.
Why am I going to South Africa?
It is an extremely unique experience for me to explore what is out there in the world, especially a country like South Africa- which is probably somewhere that I might never have got a chance to visit. I am passionate about travelling blogs and magazines, where people share their experiences and I like to look at the lovely photos they took on their trip. When I first came across an opportunity like this, I thought to myself it is better to see something once, than hearing about it a thousand times. I want to get out there to visit the reserve and get hands-on experience with wildlife animals and conservation.
With this opportunity, there are lots of firsthand experiences I can gain skills from, such as data collection, feeding studies and species identification. It would be such an awesome experience to work in the field of conservation while working with these beautiful animals. The skills I will develop on this trip will enhance my knowledge and CV which will be very useful in the future, with some transferable back to my degree! It is an opportunity I cannot miss!
Where will the money go?
To me, every penny you donate helps! And below is a list of things your donation will go towards :
- Travel to and from the airport (both in the UK and in South Africa) : £100
- Return flights from the UK to South Africa : £700 - £800
- Travel insurance : £50
- Accommodation :£450+
- All food for my trip : £200+
- Any fees for the programme £200
- Any required training
- Personal kit needed (boots, sleeping bag, first aid bag etc). (£100-£200)
- Visa fee ( £ 70 -£80)
Obviously your donation will not go unnoticed! So, I have some fab rewards to thank everyone who donates, whatever the amount you might give. Check them out on the right hand side of the page :)
If you need more information about me, you can check out my facebook, where you will get regular updates! https://www.facebook.com/kathey.zang
I need your help to make this dream come true!
Help me to make my dream come true !
- Every single penny will help to make my dream come true! Please donate, it doesn’t matter how much, I appreciate your help!
- If you can’t donate, don’t worry, share my project with anyone you think would support me - on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, a chat in the street, or other social media! Any promotion, I will be very grateful for.