Join our #EssexKindness Day on 13 November
Is there anything better than a Random Act of Kindness? That time someone handed in your lost wallet instead of taking it? When you were short of change at the parking meter and a stranger gave you the £1 coin you were missing? Or what about when you could see someone looking lost and gave them directions?
This year November 13 is the 20th anniversary of World Kindness Day, a day for good deeds, positivity and to reflect on the common threads of kindness that bind us all.
At Essex, we are using the day as the focus of our third giving day, our annual one day event celebrating the impact that fundraising has on our campus. We are calling it #EssexKindness Day, and will involve a number of activities both on campus and online that will highlight the good of philanthropy, as well as raise money to help Essex students crowdfunding on our award-winning crowdfunding platform, Click.
Our last Giving Day, #GiveEssex5, raised over £2,000, which matchfunded 8 student projects, all of which went on to successful campaigns. This year, we’d love to help more students, and for that we need your help.
How to get involved?
INSPIRETell us your story – head to our Facebook page and post your memories of when someone made you smile with their kindness and we’ll donate £1 to a student project on our crowdfunding platform, Click.
EMPOWERWhy not cook dinner for a friend, pay for someone’s coffee, or call a family member for a chat? Ask them to pay it forward.
SHAREShare your random act of kindness with a photo using #EssexKindness on Twitter or Instagram, we’ll donate £1 for that too!
ACTIf you can spare some change, why not show your kindness by donating to our crowdfunding campaign. Random acts of kindness make us feel better, and make each of our little corners of the world slightly happier places. Join us on #EssexKindness day.
Help us succeed!
- You need as many people as possible to be talking about your project. Everywhere you can think of!
- Ask for help promoting the project – here's an example of the type of thing you might say, to give you some inspiration:
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.